To Stop the Crisis in Our Schools and Neighborhoods...
In every city, public services are disintegrating and the public schools are a disaster — it's a crisis for the population.
It may be more desperate in Detroit — but the same problems face every working class neighborhood and public school system.
- Everywhere, public services and schools have been starved to feed the profits of the corporations and the banks.
- Everywhere, the wealthy pay little or no taxes.
We need a 180-degree turn. Public money should be spent on public services.
- Take back all those tax breaks and subsidies that went to the corporations and banks — including every cent of what they got in the past.
- Put that money into our children's schools and our neighborhoods.
- Hire the people necessary to do the work, hire the teachers, roadbuilders, carpenters, electricians, trash collectors, bus drivers and mechanics, people to staff the water system, the electrical systems, the fire department, emergency services, etc.
Take the billions the state now gives to the corporations — use it to create the jobs that are necessary for a civilized society to run.
- Not only would it make our cities liveable, it would help to get rid of unemployment.
Take the money the federal government spends on wars — use it for schools that could give every child a chance to develop.
- It's more useful to provide a decent education for all young people than to put some of them into the army and others into prison because they can't find a job.
We Need A Working Class Policy, A Working Class Fight!
- To Stop the Crisis in Our Schools and Neighborhoods...